I have basically fallen off of the face of Earth, I know. I swear I have good reasons for my recent blog hiatus! Where has Paula been exactly?
- Classes. Thanks to the fabulous quarter system I have actually been back in class since January 3. This quarter I am taking Comparative Public Policy and Finance, Political Economic Development in Latin America and Major Issues in International Security. You know that you’re in the right graduate program when you find your book about different welfare systems fascinating. I also have decided to write a thesis. Democracy promotion mechanisms in the Organization of the American States. Again, fascinating!
- Work. I am currently working almost 30 hours a week. It’s probably too much, and I will definitely have to cut down on my hours once mid-terms and finals roll around.
- Skiing. I pretty much try to go every weekend. When do I fit in homework time? Excellent question.
- CrossFit. As of last week, I started going to CrossFit with two of my friends. It’s pretty intense stuff. The only comparison I can even think of is that it’s kind of like live P90X with more weights. I’m currently in a bit of a rut with running, so right now my workouts consist of running 2-3 times a week, CrossFit 2-3 times a week, and skiing on the weekends. I’m taking a mental vacation from running until February. Don’t worry, we’ll be friends again. Running and I have some serious history.
- Friends. Clearly I can’t let my hectic schedule cut into my social life!
See? I’ve had to neglect something in my life. So it has been the blog. Many apologies. Also I have seriously neglected The Bachelor. I’m two episodes behind right now. I’m a pretty devoted fan, and you know life is crazy when I miss The Bachelor. On a side note, I’m not loving the season so far. Anyway, that is what I have been up to, and I actually need to go do some reading for class. Try not to be jealous.
And now just for fun, a song that I am currently obsessed with thanks to my friend Cayce. Enjoy.