I will be the first to admit that I am terrible at keeping New Year’s resolutions. Especially the vague, abstract resolutions, like, “I will not procrastinate.” I never even started that one. Ironic yes. Anyway, instead of setting resolutions for 2011 I have made a To-Do list of things that I want to do this year.
- Improve my skiing abilities and earn lots of imaginary pins on Facebook
- Find a legitimate Mexican restaurant in Denver
- Run the Mount Evan’s Ascent (Saturday, June 18 – mark your calendars!)
- Visit a national park outside of Colorado
- Learn Portuguese
- Write a thesis
- Go on a cool trip somewhere
I also have big plans for this summer to be revealed at a later date. I know this list isn’t very long, but I learned enough this year to know that I can’t actually plan my life. Sometimes life is all about enjoying the journey. And I’m excited for whatever may come my way in 2011.
“I actually love life ‘out here’, in this world I was slightly apprehensive about before. It is full of possibility, excitement, and a much appreciated lack of predictability.”